Choosing a mattress can be a daunting proposition, especially with so many options available on today’s marketplace. Since you spend about eight hours on your mattress every night and the average mattress lasts 6-8 years, it’s only natural that you’d want to do your homework before deciding on a particular model to sleep on for years to come.
As you do your research, our team of mattress experts is here to answer your most common questions. Our guides will cover the best places to shop for a bed, what prices to expect, the differences between different mattress sizes, and how to choose the best mattress to suit your needs based on your sleeper type, budget, material preference, and more. We’ll dive into the details of the most common materials used to construct mattresses and the benefits and drawbacks of each mattress type.
Once you’ve chosen the perfect mattress, you’ll then need to consider your ideal setup, from what type of bed frame would work best for your room, to whether or not you need a boxspring, or if you could instead opt for a popular alternative, such as a platform bed. We’ll also cover how to tackle common tricky situations that arise, such as how to safely ship a mattress, how to remove stains, and how to responsibly dispose of it when it’s reached the end of its lifespan.
Mattress Information Guides
- How to Dispose of Your Mattress
- How Much Does a Mattress Cost?
- What is Memory Foam?
- Foam Versus Spring Mattresses
- What is a Double Bed?
- When Should You Replace Your Mattress?
- Mattress Stores – Buying Guide and Information
- What is the Size of a Queen Bed Frame?
- How to Choose a Mattress
- Platform Bed Ideas
- The Best Place to Buy a Mattress
- Do You Need a Box Spring?
- How to Ship a Mattress
- What is a Trundle Bed?
- Do I Need a Firm or Soft Mattress?
- Does Gel Memory Foam Sleep Cool?
- How to Clean a Mattress
- How to Fix a Leaky Air Mattress
- Best Time to Buy a Mattress
- Dunlop vs. Talalay Latex
- How Long Should a Mattress Last?
- How is Foam Density Measured?
- How is Latex Density Measured?
- How to Fix a Sagging Mattress
- How to Fix a Squeaky Bed
More Mattress Information Guides Coming Soon!
Over the coming weeks, we will publish in-depth guides covering all of the above topics and more. Check back soon for more answers to your mattress-related questions. In the meantime, check out our mattress guides for unbiased, data-driven recommendations for the best mattresses to fit every type of sleeper. You can search by mattress type, sleeper type, budget, and more.