Finding the best mattress for you is of the utmost importance. One of the few things you use just about every night, mattresses are one of the most essential products on the market.
Today’s mattress industry has no shortage of enticing options, making it hard to know where to start. That’s why we’ve decided to make a set of comprehensive mattress guides to steer consumers towards top rated mattresses from the best mattress brands.
Finding the Best Mattress of 2020
Our team of mattress experts utilize in-house testing, customer experiences, and insider knowledge to determine the best mattresses in a variety of categories. Since your ideal mattress depends on the type of sleeper you are, we’re making several personalized guides tailored to every sort of mattress customer. We've found the following factors to be most important when shopping for a mattress.
One of the most important things to consider when buying a mattress is your preferred sleeping position. Whether you’re a side sleeper, back sleeper, stomach sleeper, or a combination of them all, your sleep position will determine which parts of your body experience the most pressure and require the most support. Different mattresses are more or less suited to different sleeping positions.
Another crucial consideration is body type. Lighter sleepers tend to prefer softer mattresses that conform to their body to alleviate pressure, whereas heavier sleepers often require a firmer, more supportive mattress to maintain an even spinal alignment.
Material, Budget, and More
Mattresses are generally categorized by the materials they are constructed from. The most common mattress types are memory foam, polyfoam, innerspring, hybrid, latex, and airbed mattresses. The material is probably the biggest determining factor in the overall experience the mattress will provide.
While all of the above factors are important, buying a new mattress often comes down to price. Different mattress materials are more expensive than others, and many models feature various luxury options to cater to certain sleepers. Nonetheless, there’s a decent selection of quality models in any price range.
Finally, age, demographic, ailments, and even more factors may come into play when trying to find your ideal mattress.
Mattress Shopping Guides
- The Best Mattresses in a Box
- The Best Mattresses for Back Pain
- The Best Mattresses for Side Sleepers
- The Best Mattresses for Stomach Sleepers
- The Best Innerspring Mattresses
- The Best Luxury Mattresses
- The Best Soft Mattresses
- The Best Budget Mattresses
- The Best Firm Mattresses
- The Best Memory Foam Mattresses
- The Best Latex Mattresses
- The Best Organic Mattresses
- The Best Mattresses for the Money
- The Most Comfortable Mattresses
- The Best Mattresses for Athletes
- The Best Mattresses for Heavy Sleepers
- The Best Online Mattresses
- The Best Cooling Mattresses for Hot Sleepers
- The Best Mattresses for Back Sleepers
- The Best Mattresses for Hip Pain
- The Best Mattresses for Couples
- The Best Mattresses for Kids
- The Best California King Mattresses
- The Best Hybrid Mattresses
More Best Mattress Guides Coming Soon!
Within the coming weeks, we will publish comprehensive mattress guides based on all these factors. Complete with unbiased product picks and in-depth buyers guides, we’ll provide useful, data-driven information for any type of sleeper.
Check back soon for more best mattress 2020 guides. In the meantime, check out our current selection of helpful guides for finding the best mattress in the column to the left.