When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. Products or services may be offered by an affiliated entity. Learn more.
Presidents’ Day, which always falls on the third Monday of February, is a federal holiday that celebrates the birthdays of Presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.
In addition to the long weekend, Presidents’ Day brings the year’s first major mattress sales event. Traditionally, big discounts have been offered in brick-and-mortar stores, but now many of the best deals are found online. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, a record number of shoppers are likely to do their Presidents’ Day mattress shopping online and from the comfort and safety of their home.
Presidents’ Day officially falls on Monday, February 20, 2023, but online mattress promotions usually start on Friday and remain available throughout the holiday weekend. We’ll help you find all the deals on top brands and models and also provide practical tips for how and why to buy your new mattress online.
Best Mattress Sales
Best Bedding Sales
Best Anti-Snoring Mouthguard Sales
All Mattress Sales
Get 20% off mattresses, 10% off Element Pro, 25% off adjustable beds, a complete bed set starting at $535, and 10% off everything else at Casper with Code: PRES23-C
2/21 – 2/28
Where to Shop For a Mattress on Presidents’ Day
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, a growing number of mattress shoppers were turning to buying online. That trend has only accelerated as many brick-and-mortar stores have reduced hours while shoppers can shop online while staying safe at home.
For people who are sure that they want to shop in-store, details about Presidents’ Day sales can be found on TV and radio as well as in mailers or printed ads in the local newspaper.
For people who know they need a new bed and are considering buying online, we’ll cover the benefits to online mattress shopping and tips to get the best possible value during the holiday weekend.
Benefits to Shopping For a Mattress Online
Online mattress shopping has grown in popularity because of its numerous benefits, many of which have become even more appealing in light of COVID-19.
There’s no need to look up store locations or drive around between different mattress showrooms. Instead, you can browse your options from the comfort of your own home while avoiding crowds or lines.
Shopping on Your Schedule
Retail stores are only open at certain times, and their hours may be limited because of COVID-19. It can be hard to find the time to get to the store, and when you do, you might feel rushed to see the different choices.
Buying online avoids this problem and lets you take your time. You can browse and research your options at your own pace, according to your schedule, and without information overload.
Online mattress companies don’t have as much overhead as brick-and-mortar stores, and this helps create competitive prices across the board from entry-level to luxury models.
Extensive Mattress Selection
A showroom’s offerings are inherently limited, but online you can find a huge range of brands and models. With nationwide shipping, you’re not restricted to just the options sold in nearby stores.
In-store sales representatives, many of whom are paid on commission, may push you to buy on the spot or purchase a specific model. This sales pressure can be uncomfortable, which is why many shoppers prefer the pressure-free experience of buying online.
Easy Research and Comparison Shopping
The ability to open multiple tabs and bookmark pages makes it simple and straightforward to compare different mattresses. When buying in-store, it is often harder to investigate and keep track of your options, especially if you’re considering models from different stores.
No-Fuss and No-Contact Delivery
The vast majority of online mattress companies provide free no-contact shipping in the contiguous U.S., delivering the mattress as a mattress in a box to your front door within a few business days.
Flexible Return Policies
Almost all online mattresses come with a sleep trial that allows you to test out the mattress and make a hassle-free return for a full refund if you aren’t satisfied. Most people find that this at-home tryout is a better test of a mattress than lying on it for a few minutes in a showroom.
In contrast, most retail stores have highly restrictive return policies that may not allow returns at all or may charge you hefty restocking fees.
How to Find the Best Presidents’ Day Mattress Deal Online
As with any major purchase for your home, it’s natural to want to find a great value. With Presidents’ Day discounts, there are many ways to score a great deal when buying a mattress online.
- Browse Around: Most mattress companies will have promotions clearly displayed on their website using pop-up or banner ads. As a result, you usually don’t have to look very far to find price discounts or deal-sweeteners like free pillows or sheets.
- Purchase Directly: The best prices typically come when you buy straight from the mattress company, which is easy to do when you’re shopping online. If you have any issues, buying direct also means that you work with the service team of the mattress company rather than a separate retailer or middle-man.
- Sign up for Newsletters: You can frequently find coupons that provide significant cost savings when you sign up for the newsletter from a mattress company via their website.
- Ask for a Discount: If you aren’t able to find clear information about a Presidents’ Day sale, contact the mattress company by online chat, phone, or e-mail and ask what kind of offers are available.
- Consider a Bundle: While you can expect to find discounts on a mattress alone, sometimes the biggest savings come from buying a bundle that includes other accessories, such as a bed frame, sheets, pillows, or a mattress pad.
- Read Third-Party Reviews: Review sites can deliver helpful insight about the pros and cons of specific mattresses, and these sites also commonly have details about sales or provide promo codes to help you get a better deal.
- Check out the Fine Print: Before making a final purchase, make sure to take a look at the fine print regarding shipping, returns, and the mattress warranty. This can help you know when to expect your bed to be delivered and what your rights are if any problems arise.