Leesa Legend Video Review
Watch the video below to see how the Leesa Legend performed when put to the test in our lab.
Sleeping Style and Body Weight
Leesa Legend Mattress
||Under 130 lbs
||Above 230 lbs
Under 130 lbs
Above 230 lbs
Under 130 lbs
Above 230 lbs
Under 130 lbs
Above 230 lbs
How you prefer to sleep and your body weight are two of the considerations that you can use to determine whether any mattress, including the Leesa Legend, is likely to be a good fit for you.
- What They Need: Side sleepers need enough contouring to make sure there isn’t too much impact at their key pressure spots. Those spots are at the hips and shoulders where the body is widest. A bed that’s too firm will be jarring in those pressure points, but a bed that’s too soft will let them sink out of alignment with the rest of their body. medium soft to medium firm beds (4-6 on the firmness scale) with moderate conforming tend to give side sleepers the best overall support.
- How the Leesa Legend Fits: The Leesa Legend is a good match for side sleepers because it has each of the characteristics necessary to meet their needs. With a balance of contouring and bounce, it can cradle the body without giving out. The zoned micro-coil layer also gives extra reinforcement, especially around the hips. The medium firm feel suits most side sleepers, though it may feel a little on the firm side for people under 130 pounds.
- What They Need: Back sleepers are most at risk of misalignment around the lower back. This area, known as the lumbar spine, has a natural curve that requires cushioning, but if a mattress is too soft, the body is inclined to sink in the shape of a U. Without the same sharp pressure points as side sleepers, people on their back tend to do better with firmer options, usually ranging from medium (5) to firm (7).
- How the Leesa Legend Fits: The Leesa Legend is a good bet for back sleepers of any weight. Its contouring is sufficient to protect the lumbar spine, but it’s not so soft as to induce the dreaded U-shape. Some stomach sleepers, though, and especially those over 230 pounds, may find it to be a touch too soft.
- What They Need: Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that can keep their body from sinking into an unnatural alignment. Most often, that sinking happens around the abdomen, which is where most people carry the highest proportion of their weight. Stomach sleepers can also feel like they are getting stuck in a mattress that is too soft. For this reason, they usually do best on a medium firm (6) to firm (8) mattress.
- How the Leesa Legend Fits: The Leesa Legend is best suited to stomach sleepers who weigh under 230 pounds. These sleepers can benefit from its mixture of responsiveness and pressure relief that will support the body without a sinking, quicksand-like feeling. People over 230 pounds, though, put more pressure on the mattress and may find the degree of contouring to be too much. Other stomach sleepers in general may simply find that they prefer a mattress toward the higher end of the firmness scale.
Leesa Legend Mattress Review Breakdown
The Leesa Legend is a hybrid mattress that employs a handful of innovative design elements that help make it distinct from many other hybrids on the market.
The cover of the Leesa Legend is made with a blend of multiple materials including polyester, organic cotton, Merino wool, rayon, spandex, and a material known as Recycled PES, which is derived from plastic that could otherwise end up in landfills. The cover is stretchy, breathable, and soft. It’s also a huge selling point for eco-conscious customers because each bed helps remove dozens of plastic bottles from the environment.
The Leesa Legend employs a multi-layer comfort system that includes several different materials. The top layer is one inch of polyfoam with mild contouring and an aerated structure that facilitates airflow. The second layer is one inch of pressure-relieving and motion-isolating memory foam.
The third layer of the comfort system features one of the new and innovative materials in the Leesa Legend. This layer is 1.5 inches and built with a mixture of micro-coils and polyfoam. In the center of the bed, this layer has softer polyfoam to cushion the hips and lumbar spine, but under the head and feet are bouncier micro-coils. This combination helps maintain edge support and responsiveness while reinforcing the midsection to enhance spinal alignment.
The final layer of the comfort system is one inch of transition polyfoam that decreases pressure on the support core, which is made up of two components. The main element of the support core is six inches of individually-wrapped innerspring coils. This type of coil creates a more tailored feel with less motion transfer. The coils are medium-thick (15 gauge), reinforced around the perimeter, and made principally of recycled steel.
The bottom layer of the support core is one inch of a high-density base polyfoam that helps maintain stability and cut down on possible noise from the movement of the coils.
With all of these layers working in conjunction, the Leesa Legend has a medium firm feel that rates around a six on the firmness scale.
28% Polyester / 28% Recycled PES / 19% Organic Cotton / 12% Merino Wool / 12% Rayon / 1% Spandex
1″ aerated polyfoam
1″ memory foam
1.5″ micro-coils zoned with polyfoam center section
1″ transition polyfoam
6″ pocketed coils – 15 gauge, perimeter reinforced
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Leesa Legend was built to be a luxury hybrid with advanced features, and that is evident in its price point, which falls above the majority of other hybrids on the market. While it may be beyond the budget of many shoppers, it’s price isn’t unreasonably high, especially given its robust design and innovative materials.
This mattress is available in the standard mattress sizes except for Twin. Detailed specifications and pricing for each mattress size can be found below.
||39" x 80"
||54" x 75"
||60" x 80"
||76" x 80"
||72" x 84"
Scroll L - R for more details
Trial, Warranty, and Shipping Policies
The Leesa Legend can be purchased either online or in a physical store.
The only place to buy the Leesa Legend online is on the Leesa website. Unlike other Leesa mattress offerings, the Leesa Legend is not sold through Amazon.
Through its website, Leesa sells this mattress to customers throughout the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) as well as to people in Canada, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
Customers who want to shop in a physical store can find the Leesa Legend at Leesa’s branded retail store, the Dream Gallery, in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Leesa works with several national retail stores — Macy’s, West Elm, and Pottery Barn — to sell their mattresses, but not all of those stores carry all Leesa products. Leesa has a Store Finder page on their website, and customers may want to inquire directly with Leesa or a local brick-and-mortar store about whether the Leesa Legend is in-stock and on the showroom floor.
The Leesa Legend comes with free standard shipping with UPS Ground. Normally within about a week, the mattress arrives at your doorstep. To enable shipping, the mattress is tightly compressed in plastic and then sent in a box.
To install the mattress, you bring the box to the room of your choice and remove all the packaging. The mattress will quickly decompress and reach its full size. Lifting the box and setting up the mattress should be done with two-to-three people.
Extra charges for shipping apply to deliveries outside the United States. Quotes for shipping, including prices and timelines, are available directly from Leesa.
Purchases made in a brick-and-mortar store may come with different delivery policies, so check with any retailer about the timeline and cost of shipping.
Within most parts of the contiguous United States, Leesa offers a White Glove delivery option. If customers select this delivery method, Leesa coordinates a time for technicians to come to your home and install the mattress. They will also remove an old mattress if needed.
White Glove delivery costs $150. To account for scheduling, White Glove installation may add an extra week to your mattress delivery time.
The Leesa Legend has a 100-night sleep trial. You are required to keep the bed for a 30-night break-in period. After 30 nights, you can return the mattress if you are not satisfied.
To facilitate returns, Leesa works with customers to help arrange for the mattress to be picked up from your home and then donated.
There are no return shipping or restocking fees, except for people in Alaska and Hawaii, who must pay $100 for return shipping. If you used White Glove delivery services, that $150 fee is non-refundable.
The warranty for the Leesa Legend lasts for 10 years and covers defects in manufacturing and materials. If a defect arises, Leesa will either repair or replace the mattress. The only charges to the customer for warranty service are those related to shipping.
Still have questions?
Our product experts have extensive experience testing just about every sleep product on the market. Send an email to [email protected] or call us at (877) 672-8966 with your questions and we’ll help you find exactly what you’re looking for.