When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. Products or services may be offered by an affiliated entity. Learn more.
- People who have not responded well to CPAP or BiPAP therapy
- Those who struggle to breathe comfortably while exhaling
- PAP users prone to congestion
- Shoppers with limited budgets or insurance coverage
- Compact and lightweight design makes the device suitable for travel, though it’s not approved by the FAA for in-flight use
- Not compatible with heated connective hoses
- Knob-based controls may be unideal for those who prefer a touch-screen interface
Resvent’s iBreeze series includes three positive airway pressure (PAP) devices to serve people with different respiratory needs. The iBreeze APAP Machine is ideal for people who don’t respond well to standard continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) or bilevel positive airway pressure (BiPAP) therapy.
As an automatic positive airway pressure device, the iBreeze APAP adjusts pressure levels based on your breathing patterns. Other helpful features include an integrated humidifier with smart humidification, automatic mask leak detection, and a ramp time of up to 60 minutes. The iBreeze APAP Machine’s sticker price is also below average compared with other APAP devices.
Like other PAP machines, this device is only available with a prescription and is specifically designed for people who have been diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). We’ll cover the various features and functions of the Resvent iBreeze APAP Machine to help you decide if you’re a good candidate for this device.
Resvent iBreeze APAP Machine Review Breakdown
As an APAP machine, this iBreeze model adjusts pressure levels based on your breathing patterns throughout the night. This differs from standard CPAP machines, which deliver pressure at a single fixed level, and BiPAP machines, which deliver pressure at two fixed levels — one for inhalations, the other for exhalations.
The machine includes an integrated humidifier with a removable water chamber. This component is equipped with “intelligent humidification,” meaning it will automatically adjust humidification levels based on the humidity and temperature of your sleep space. You can access sleep data through the LCD display screen. At this time, there are no customizations available for this device.
The Resvent iBreeze operates similarly to other APAP devices. The machine draws in outside air and pressurizes it to your prescribed setting, but this level may change during the night depending on your breathing patterns. The device also includes a ramp setting that gradually increases pressure levels for easier breathing. Ramp time can last up to one hour.
The pressurized air is delivered to your face mask via connective tubing. The device also comes with a standard CPAP setting. Both the APAP and CPAP modes are capable of delivering pressurized air between 4 and 20 centimeters of water pressure (cm H2O).
In addition to APAP capabilities, the Resvent iBreeze is equipped with several features to alleviate OSA symptoms and help you breathe comfortably during your therapy.
|Intelligent Humidification||A humidifier with smart technology responds and adjusts based on shifts to the temperature or humidity level in your sleep environment.|
|Air Leak Detection||In the event of an air leak, the machine increases pressure levels to compensate for the air loss.|
|Automated Power||The machine automatically turns on when breathing is detected in your mask and turns off when you remove your mask.|
|Customizable Ramp Settings||The ramp time can be set in five-minute increments up to 60 minutes.|
Sizing and Pricing
At roughly 9.4 inches across by 7 inches deep and 5 inches tall, the Resvent iBreeze APAP Machine is compact enough to fit comfortably on most nightstands. It weighs about 3.5 pounds, so it should be small and light enough for travel without taking up too much space or weighing down your carry-on bag.
- Travel: In terms of overall size and weight, the iBreeze APAP Machine falls somewhere in the middle between dedicated travel PAP devices and machines primarily intended for in-home use. The iBreeze APAP automatically adjusts for altitude changes if you travel to higher or lower elevations.
- Standard: You should consider the iBreeze APAP if you’ve found other PAP machines too bulky or heavy. A flat base allows you to securely rest this device on a nightstand or bedside table, and it won’t take up too much space needed for other items such as your phone, alarm clock, or reading glasses.
APAP machines tend to cost more than CPAP devices due to their more advanced capabilities, but this isn’t the case with the Resvent iBreeze. Its sticker price falls well below average. Your insurance may cover some or all of the cost, depending on your coverage plan.
Resvent iBreeze APAP
|9.4″ x 7″ x 5″||3.5 lbs.||$795|
- Sound level: The average sound rating of CPAP machines is around 30 decibels. The Resvent iBreeze APAP Machine is slightly quieter than average, with a sound level of approximately 28 decibels.
- Ease of use: The machine’s user-friendly digital screen is controlled with a knob on the front of the device.The display is crisp and easy to read. If you use the power-saving mode, the screen may not be visible.
- Portability: The Resvent iBreeze APAP is compact and lightweight for a standard PAP device, so it should be portable enough for travel. Unlike many travel-specific machines, this model is not approved by the Federal Aviation Administration for in-flight use.
- Pressure settings: The machine automatically adjusts pressure levels between 4 and 20 cm H2O, depending on the user’s prescription. This range is standard, and matches that of most PAP devices on the market today.
- Air temperature control: The humidifier has a heating feature to warm up the air before delivery and make breathing more comfortable during your therapy. Heating stops when the water chamber is empty, so you should check before each use to ensure the humidifier tank has enough water.
- Humidity control: The Resvent iBreeze APAP is equipped with “intelligent humidification.” The humidifier automatically adjusts humidity levels based on external factors like temperature and humidity. This feature is somewhat uncommon and may be useful if you’ve struggled with condensation buildup with other PAP devices.
- Compatibility: The machine is compatible with any full-face, nasal, or nasal pillow mask on the market today. However, it is not compatible with heated tubing.
- Maintenance: You should regularly clean the device. This involves periodically wiping the exterior to remove dust, checking the replaceable air filter every month, and washing the tubing, water chamber, and your mask on a daily basis.
Trial, Warranty, and Shipping Policies
You can purchase the Resvent iBreeze APAP Machine through an authorized PAP supply retailer. You need a prescription to buy the device.
Shipping availability depends on the seller you choose. That said, most U.S. shoppers should be able to find a seller that ships to their location. Delivery wait times and shipping fees also vary by seller.
The device arrives with the integrated humidifier intact. You’ll need to install the air filter and secure the connective tubing prior to first use.
Since the iBreeze APAP Machine is a medical device calibrated to your prescribed pressure level, you won’t be able to return it after your first use. Some sellers accept returns of unused devices. Check the seller’s return policy before completing your purchase.
Each Resvent iBreeze APAP Machine comes with a two-year warranty against mechanical and workmanship defects. The warranty is non-prorated, so you won’t need to pay additional fees if a replacement is needed within the first two years.