When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. Products or services may be offered by an affiliated entity. Learn more.
- People who feel more comfortable with a PAP machine that automatically adjusts pressure levels
- CPAP users prone to congestion
- Frequent travelers who need to use their PAP device mid-flight
- Sleepers who prefer easing into their PAP therapy with a ramp setting
- The device is fairly expensive, but Medicare and most insurance providers should cover at least some of the cost
- The AutoRamp function does not kick in if you wake up during the night, which may be jarring as you try to go back to sleep
- As with other PAP machines, you’ll need a prescription to purchase the AirSense 11 AutoSet
The ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet is a positive airway pressure (PAP) device. You can choose between continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy with a fixed pressure setting, or automatic positive airway pressure (APAP) that adjusts pressure levels based on your breathing patterns. The latter is parsed into “AutoSet” and “AutoSet for Her” settings to meet the needs of different APAP users.
The AirSense 11 AutoSet includes a built-in humidifier to improve comfort during PAP therapy, though you can turn off humidification in the device’s settings if you wish. AutoRamp technology gradually builds pressure levels as your therapy begins. This feature is designed for people who feel more comfortable easing into their prescribed pressure levels.
The machine also connects with myAir, an online compliance program that sends your CPAP data to your doctor. A corresponding myAir app lets you view key sleep data and assists with troubleshooting.
We’ll discuss the ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet in detail, including its features, sizing, and performance. Talk to your doctor if you think the device is right for you.
ResMed AirSense 11 Video Review
In the video below, we gets hands-on with the ResMed AirSense 11 to explore how it works and who it’s best suited for.
The ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet is equipped with a handful of features to help make your PAP therapy more comfortable and ensure proper compliance. You can customize the device’s settings based on your personal needs and preferences, but you should consult with your doctor before making any significant changes to your PAP therapy.
|CPAP and APAP|
The ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet is a highly versatile PAP device. You can switch between CPAP and APAP depending on your needs, and a handful of built-in features help you stay comfortable while receiving your therapy.
Sizing and Pricing
With the humidifier intact, the ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet measures roughly 10.2 inches across, with a depth of about 5.5 inches. Its height is approximately 3.7 inches. It weighs 2.5 pounds and has a base to rest on your nightstand and other flat surfaces. These dimensions make the device fairly compact, lightweight, and travel-friendly.
- Travel: While not as small as most dedicated travel CPAP machines, the ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet is relatively compact and light. This device also meets the requirements of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for all phases of air travel, so you can use it on a plane as needed.
- Standard: The AirSense 11 AutoSet is slightly lighter and more compact than the average standard CPAP machine. It should easily sit on any nightstand or other flat surface in your bedroom.
The AirSense 11 AutoSet’s cost varies by seller, but it’s generally on par with the average cost of a CPAP machine with APAP capabilities. Medical insurance may cover some or all of the cost, depending on your coverage.
ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet
|10.2″ x 5.5″ x 3.7″||2.5 lbs.||$989|
- Noise level: The AirSense 11 AutoSet has a sound pressure level of 27 decibels. The average CPAP machine produces 30 decibels, so this device is relatively quiet compared to other models.
- Ease of use: Using the device is fairly straightforward. The machine features a user-friendly interface with a crisp LED display. Built-in software guides first-time users through the setup process, assists with troubleshooting, and offers tips and coaching. Bluetooth and a cellular connection aid with compliance. You can download the myAir app for additional assistance.
- Portability: The machine is fairly portable due to its lightweight design and compact dimensions. Another perk for travelers is that the device is fully FAA-compliant for in-flight use. For easy storage, remove the humidifier tank before packing.
- Pressure settings: Whether you have the device programmed for CPAP or APAP therapy, the pressure range is 4 to 20 centimeters of water pressure (cm H2O). This range makes the machine comparable to most CPAP and APAP devices. Your doctor prescribes the pressure level or range best suited to your needs. Consult your doctor if your current pressure setting is uncomfortable or ineffective.
- Air temperature control: The ClimateLineAir tubing can be set to a temperature between 60 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature should remain constant regardless of how hot or cold your bedroom feels.
- Humidity control: The device features a built-in heated humidifier that adds moisture to the pressurized air. Additionally, the ClimateLineAir tubing automatically adjusts humidification based on your bedroom’s humidity levels. This helps prevent condensation from forming on the outside of the tubing.
- Compatibility: The AirSense 11 AutoSet is compatible with most ResMed full-face, nasal, or nasal pillow masks. You may also be able to use the device with CPAP masks from other brands, but check with your doctor or sleep specialist to ensure compatibility.
- Maintenance: ResMed recommends cleaning the humidifier tank on a daily basis and the hosing on a weekly basis using warm water and mild soap. You should also clean your mask, cushion, and frame on a daily basis using the same method. The company suggests soaking the humidifier tank once a week for 15 to 20 minutes in a solution that’s equal parts water and white vinegar, then rinsing it with warm water afterward. Avoid using ozone or ultraviolet cleaners due to potential health risks.
Trial, Warranty, and Shipping Policies
You can purchase the AirSense 11 AutoSet directly from authorized online CPAP retailers. Since this is a CPAP machine, you’ll need a prescription.
Shipping availability varies by seller, but most retailers deliver the machine anywhere in the contiguous U.S. Some also ship to Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. territories. Some assembly is required to install the humidifier tank and tubing, but myAir software assists with setup.
Many retailers who sell the AirSense 11 AutoSet offer a return period of 30 days or longer. That said, most honor returns only if the machine and its accessories are unused and shipped back in their original packaging.
ResMed’s CPAP machine warranty covers the AirSense 11 AutoSet and its humidifier for up to two years. Accessories are covered under different ResMed warranties. The tubing is covered for 90 days, batteries are covered for six months, and humidifier tanks are covered for one year.