The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) seeks student interns on an ongoing basis for its Marketing Department. NSF is dedicated to education and promotion of sleep health.
This is a great opportunity for young, driven and ambitious marketing oriented students to join our team. We are launching several new initiatives throughout the year which need to be advertised and disseminated to the public. We are also working on several exciting partnerships and business development opportunities.
Tasks and/or Responsibilities:
- Developing social media posts for NSF programs (Beyond Tired, Bright Schools, Sleep Awareness Week, and Drowsy Driving Prevention Week.)
- Assisting with research and creating of marketing plans to promote NSF products and programs
- Assist in designing copy for web ads, banner ads, infographics, PPC ads and other marketing deliverables to support marketing plans.
- Assist in creating email blast campaigns
- Undergraduate or graduate student majoring in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design or related field. Recent grads are also accepted.
- Excellent digital and print writer and editor
- Experience and understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred but not required.
- Enthusiasm and Ambition: As an important part of our team, you'll learn a lot and work hard while doing it. You should have the ability to quickly learn and master new tools, and take ownership of tasks and projects
- Strong people skills and teamwork: Our small team supports each other every day, so you’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven team environment, but also work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Internships are unpaid, but college credit is available. Perks include a transportation stipend or parking reimbursement, fruit and granola office service and a collaborative environment. Hours can be flexible but students must commit to a set schedule. Typical interns work between 16 and 37.5 hours a week at our office in Arlington, VA, located on the orange/silver lines of the metro. Applications are accepted for the fall, spring and summer semesters on a rolling basis.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the National Sleep Foundation
The National Sleep Foundation is dedicated to improving health and well-being through sleep education and advocacy. Founded in 1990 by the leaders in sleep medicine, NSF is the trusted resource for sleep science, healthy sleep habits, and sleep disorders to medical professionals, patients and the public.