Finding a Narcolepsy Doctor

Finding a qualified sleep medicine doctor is very important. Many people with narcolepsy go untreated for years because they do not have a proper diagnosis and aren’t seen by a qualified sleep specialist.


Start by talking to your primary care physician and asking for a referral to a sleep specialist. A sleep specialist is a doctor with specific training in sleep medicine. Alternatively, you can search for sleep doctors with our Find a Sleep Professional tool.

Psychological help is also key. A therapist, counselor or support group can help you develop self-awareness, cope with the difficulties of narcolepsy, learn from others with the disorder, and succeed in managing your symptoms.