Business Development Internship
The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) is seeking interns to be involved with its business development program and help organize trademark documents, research sponsorship prospects, organize grant applications and other tasks. Business development Interns report directly to the Director of Finance and work on various projects such as researching Amazon sales.
NSF works hard to tailor internships to your skills and interests. Possible tasks and/or responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching exhibitor & sponsorship prospects for events
- Organizing information for grant applications and submissions; researching online grant portals to determine what information will be needed to apply
- Generating new revenue streams and brand recognition through online platforms.
You’ll need some research background to excel in this position. Qualifications that we look for Business Development Interns include:
- Undergraduate or graduate student majoring in a science, business, nonprofit management or public health-related field
- Familiarity with statistical and research concepts (e.g. statistical significance) and tools (e.g. excel functions)
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven team environment, but also able to work independently
- Working knowledge of computer programs like Microsoft Office
- Enthusiasm and ambition
Internships are unpaid, but college credit is available. Perks include a transportation stipend or parking reimbursement, fruit and granola office service and a collaborative environment. Hours can be flexible but students must commit to a set schedule. Typical interns work between 16 and 37.5 hours a week at our office in Arlington, VA, located on the orange/silver lines of the metro. Applications are accepted for the fall, spring and summer semesters on a rolling basis.
- Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Include “Business Development Internship” in the subject line.
- Indicate in your cover letter the desired or available work hours and schedule.
About the National Sleep Foundation
The National Sleep Foundation is dedicated to improving sleep health and safety through education, public awareness and advocacy. It is well‐known for its annual Sleep in America poll. The Foundation is a charitable, educational and scientific not‐for‐profit organization, headquartered in Washington, DC. Its membership includes researchers and clinicians focused on sleep medicine, professionals in the health, medical and science fields, individuals, patients, people affected by drowsy driving and more than 900 healthcare facilities throughout North America. Find out more at www.Sleepfoundation.org.