National Sleep Foundation Drowsy Driving Advocacy Kit
The National Sleep Foundation has long championed sleep health and safety. To help prevent drowsy driving, NSF compiled the following resources for state level advocacy.
National Sleep Foundation's model drowsy driving legislation.
Familiarize yourself with drowsy driving facts and learn more about how this issue impacts each state. You can also visit drowsydriving.org for more information.
- Advocacy Action Plan
- Drowsy Driving Fact Sheet
- State of the States Chart
- State Transportation Committee Contact Info
Drowsy driving is legislated at a state level. Learn how to contact your congresspeople and state representatives.
- Sample letter to state legislators
- Sample Thank You letter to legislators
- Sample letter to editor or media source
- Congressional contact form
These reports illustrate the broad impact of drowsy driving on the nation at large.
Care to dig more into the science of drowsy driving? These research reports offer excellent insight.
- Wheaton, Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 2014
- Jackson, Accident Analysis & Prevention, 2013
- Tefft, Accident Analysis & Prevention, 2012
- Philip, Accident Analysis & Prevention, 2005
Questions? Contact email@example.com.