Tips for Speakers
- Limit your presentation to approximately 30-40 minutes. (Check with Chair on exact time allocation)
- Advise the Discussion Leader before hand of any points he/she should cover in introducing you and your topic.
- Use legible visual aids to present your material.
- Prepare your lecture progression with the proper pacing; present your visual aids to allow sufficient time for your audience to absorb the visual communication.
- Maintain the proper distance from the microphone (within reasonable limits), the variation in volume and modulation will be distracting. Make a quick test for sound level with a few opening words before launching into your talk.